Weekend Charmer Tutorial: Part One
I am so happy that you are here for my not-a-quilt-along! I think I will call it a safari-supper tutorial instead. Today is cutting, tomorrow is block assembly, and Sunday you can put it all together. Let’s get started!
Collect your materials:
- 50 charm squares (5″ squares) or the scrappy equivalent
- 1/2 yard solid background fabric (medium gray)
- 1/2 yard solid contrast (bright red)
Begin by cutting your charms or scraps into 100- 2.5″ by 4.5″ rectangles.
Cut the contrast (red) yardage into 3- 4.5″ by 44″ strips. Cut the strips down further into 50- 2.5″ by 4.5″ rectangles.
Cut the background fabric (medium gray) into 3- 4.5″ by 44″ strips. Cut the strips down further into 25- 4.5″ by 4.5″ squares.
You will have:
- 100- 2.5″ by 4.5″ scrappy rectangles
- 50- 2.5″ by 4.5″ contrast (red) rectangles
- 25- 4.5″ by 4.5″ background (medium gray) squares
I’m excited to have you back tomorrow for the block assembly instructions!
Check out related posts: