Oh. My. Goodness. My husband has never inhaled vegetarian food so fast as when I served these lentil enchiladas tonight. And then he went back for seconds. He didn’t even have time to wonder if they had hamburger or not.
Use your pressure cooker to prepare these delicious, mild, vegetarian enchiladas with homemade sauce and whole food ingredients.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 C brown lentils
- 1/2 C brown rice
- 2 C water
- 1/2 t each: Cumin, chili powder, cilantro, oregano, and salt
- 2 T oil
- 2 T flour
- 2 T chili powder
- 1/2 t each: cumin and salt
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 6 flour tortillas
- Saute garlic and onion in pressure cooker with lid off over medium-high heat.
- Stir in lentils, rice, water, and the first grouping of spices.
- Lock lid in place. Cook at full pressure (15 lbs) for eight minutes. Cool pressure cooker immediately.
- Remove rice and lentils from the cooker. Wipe out pressure cooker and return to heat.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Whisk in flour until absorbed. Whisk in vegetable broth. Add seasonings. Cook until sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Reserve 1 C sauce.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp flour towel and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Place about 1/3 C of rice and lentil mixture on each tortilla and roll. Arrange in sauce in pressure cooker. Pour reserved sauce over top.
- Lock lid in place. Cook at full pressure (15 lbs) for 8 minutes. Cool pressure cooker immediately.
- Arrange enchiladas on plates and spoon sauce over top. Serve with cheese and sour cream.
The enchilada sauce was inspired by this recipe from Gimme Some Oven.
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.