Pressure Cooker 365 Recipe #56: Creamy Chili Chicken with Rice and Beans
This meal made great use of the last of my $.99 per pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, as well as a plethora of canned goods. Spencer will be eating this in tortillas during our busy week.
Creamy Chicken Chili with Rice and Beans
- 1 T oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 C short grain white rice
- 1 4 oz can green chilis, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 t each: Cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can water
- 4 oz sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Heat oil in pressure cooker with lid off.
- Sautee onion and bell pepper until soft.
- Add rice, chilis, tomatoes, beans, and seasonings. Stir.
- Place chicken breasts in cooker. Pour soup and water over top.
- Cook at full pressure for 10 minutes. Release pressure immediately.
- Remove chicken from cooker and dice. Stir in diced chicken, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Serve with tortillas.
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.