Pressure Cooker 365 Recipe #52: Sausage Winter Soup
Not. I hate painting.
Anyways… the soup was filling, fairly healthful, and quick to make. All things we need right now. Why “Winter” soup? It is COLD here in Iowa! We had great weather on Monday but now winter is back. This soup uses vegetables that are cheap all year round. I’m really looking forward to asparagus and kale season!
Sausage Winter Soup
- 1/2 lb sage sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 stalk celery
- small head cabbage, chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 2 broth cubes
- Brown sausage in pressure cooker with lid off.
- Add vegetables as you prepare them, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth cubes and enough water to cover, about 4 cups.
- Lock lid in place. Cook at full pressure for 8 minutes. Allow pressure to drop naturally.