Pressure Cooker 365 Recipe #45: Tuna Noodle Casserole
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
If it seems to you that a lot of my recipes are open-a-can-pour-it in, you are correct. We are moving at the end of the month and I have quite a frozen and canned stockpile to work through. We also paid rent along with our first mortgage payment this month, so I am grateful for my lack of a grocery bill!
Tuna noodle casserole is one of my childhood favorites. Mom made it when Dad was in the field and wouldn’t be home for supper. We were sad to have Dad gone so long but enjoyed Mom reading to us and making our favorite pasta meals.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1 can cream-of-mushroom soup
- 3 C water
- 2 1/2 C macaroni pasta
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 C frozen peas
- 1/2 t each salt and pepper
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix soup and water in pressure cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Stir.
- Cook at full pressure for 4 minutes. Cool cooker immediately to release pressure.
- Remove lid and sprinkle in cheese. Close lid and allow to sit about 5 minutes for sauce to thicken and cheese to melt.