Pressure Cooker 365 Recipe #44: White Fish Chowder
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
Just because Lent is over doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this hearty fish chowder. In fact, this recipe conveniently used up the fish I had planned for Good Friday supper.
It’s been a busy day: First day of a new term and first day of practice with a new derby team for me. It’s definitely a comfort-food kind of day!
White Fish Chowder
- 2 T butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 C broth
- 1/2 t each: Ground thyme, salt, and pepper
- 1 lb white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 C milk
- 2 C frozen corn
- Melt butter in pressure cooker with lid off. Saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add vegetables to the pot as they are prepared, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients except milk.
- Lock lid in place. Cook at full pressure for 4 minutes. Cool cooker immediately.
- Remove lid and return cooker to heat. Add milk and corn. Heat through.