Pressure Cooker 365 Recipe #35: Bacon Popcorn
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
If your Saturday night plans include a movie you should probably make this popcorn to go with it. This popcorn is cooked in bacon grease (yes, bacon grease) which gives it a very subtle bacon taste without being greasy. If you do not already save your bacon grease you need to start! It’s free and delicious. In the grand scheme of things it is not the very most healthy fat, but at least it’s all-natural.
This uses the same technique as my Cinnamon-Sugar Kettle Corn but is MUCH less messy.
- 1 T reserved bacon grease
- 1/2 C popcorn kernels (yeilds 6 cups)
- Seasoning salt and Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Melt bacon grease in pressure cooker with lid off. Add 3 kernels to the pot.
- When one of the kernels pops, add the remaining kernels. Lock lid in place but do not use the pressure weight.
- When you hear kernels pop, shake the cooker. Return to heat and shake. Continue until you hear 5 seconds between pops.
- Enjoy with seasoning salt and cheese if you wish.