Pressure Cooker 365 Recipe #34: Quinoa Stuffed Green Peppers
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
A quick recipe to use up your mismatched veggies and leftover quinoa. Now that you know it doesn’t taste like dirty bird seed.
Quinoa Stuffed Green Peppers
Inspired by Plant-Based Paradise
- Cooking oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, tops removed and chopped, bottoms set aside
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 2 C cooked quinoa
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste. My quinoa was already seasoned so I omitted this.
- Shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- Heat cooking oil over medium-high heat in pressure cooker with the lid off.
- Add vegetables as you prepare and chop them, stirring occasionally. Cook until soft.
- Stir in quinoa and tomato sauce.
- Remove mixture from pressure cooker and stuff into hollowed bell peppers. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese if desired.
- Pour 1 C water in the bottom of pressure cooker. Place peppers on trivet in cooker.
- Lock lid in place. Heat to full pressure and cook for 10 minutes. Release pressure immediately.