Pressure Cooker 365 Day 22: Kramer Bacon Kale
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
Few families consider kale a comfort food, but this dish is one of our favorites. I adapted this recipe from my mom’s blog so it can be quickly made in a pressure cooker.
Last Monday I had a snow day. Today it is down pouring rain and will change to snow overnight. March in Iowa is pretty crazy, but it is also time to plant kale and other cold-weather crops. It’s definitely something I’ll have in my garden this year.
Kramer Bacon Kale
- 4 sliced thick-cut bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- ~1 bunch kale: Here is what one “bunch” looked like in my 6 quart pressure cooker.
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C old fashioned oatmeal
- Cook bacon over medium heat in pressure cooker with lid off. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add water. Scrape up bacon drippings and stir.
- Add kale. Sprinkle with oatmeal.
- Lock lid in place. Raise to full pressure. Cook for two minutes. Allow pressure to drop naturally.