Pressure Cooker 365 Day 17: Orange Juice Pork Roast
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
I’ve had a fun challenge keeping up with What’s Cooking Wednesdays at Patchwork Times. Last week when the challenge ingredient was cinnamon I made kettle corn. This week’s ingredient was orange juice so I made Orange Pork Roast.
Roast is the first dish most people think of when they think of pressure cooking, but I’ve waited 17 days to give it a try. I’m usually not a big fan of big cuts of meat but this was tasty shredded over rice.
Orange Pork Roast
- 2 T olive oil
- 3-4 lb pork roast
- 1/4 C Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T tamari
- 2 C orange juice
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in pressure cooker with lid off over medium heat.
- Brown the roast on all sides. Remove from pot. Place roast on rack in bottom of pressure cooker.
- Whisk together orange juice and sauces. Pour over roast. Arrange onions over top.
- Lock lid in place. Heat to full pressure. Cook 55 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally.
I’m linking up with Patchwork Times today. Check out what other people are making with orange juice this week.
Join me next week when I make honey mustard chicken in my pressure cooker.