Pressure Cooker 365 Day 15: Cranberry Walnut Steel Cut Oats
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
Tonight Spencer and I are getting caught up on leftovers so I’m using my pressure cooker to prepare breakfasts for the week. I did this last week and I’m excited about eating oatmeal again! The texture is fantastic.
- 2 C water
- 1 C steel cut oats
- 1/4 C each: Brown sugar, dried cranberries, slivered almonds
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- In pressure cooker safe bowl, mix ingredients.
- Pour 1 C water in bottom of pressure cooker. Cover bowl with aluminum foil and place on rack in bottom of pressure cooker.
- Lock lid in place. Bring to full pressure. Cook 4 minutes. Cool immediately.
- Serve with milk and extra toppings, if desired.
My recipe for Coconut Chai Rice Pudding has information about choosing a pressure cooker-safe bowl.