Perfect Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
This post was intended for Meatless Monday, but computer issues allow me to bring it to you on a Tuesday. Never fear, these cookies are delicious every day of the week! What’s so challenging about meat-free cookies? These cookies contain no animal products! The eggs are replaced with the ever-thrifty ripe banana.
- One mashed banana
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C regular sugar
- 1/4 C oil (I used canola)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C flour (I used all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt (I didn’t omit this, but I am sure you can)
Combine the two mixtures. Add:
- 2 1/4 C oatmeal (not instant or quick cooking)
- Add ins: I tossed a handful of this and that in a measuring cup for about 1 cup total of dried cranberries, raisins and walnuts
- 1/4 C water
Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes in a 350 F degree oven. Cool on wire rack.
You will love, love, these oatmeal cookies. They have a delicious cakey texture. This is the first oatmeal cookie recipe I have ever gotten right, all of the others goo all over the cookie sheet. Great recipe!