My Messy Desk Monday #1
Welcome to my first weekly installment of My Messy Desk Monday! A workspace can say a lot about someone. Here is what my desk is saying today:
My desk has a new setting this week because I moved recently. My new bedroom has a nice little nook for the desk and I can look out a south-facing window directly to my left. It makes for a bright, cheery workspace.
On my desk today:
- My Laptop so I can work on my blog today
- Coffee tumbler- You may remember a previous post where I told you I was no longer buying coffee to drink at home. However, in a more recent post, I shared my joy of shopping at a dented-can store. One of my purchases included a bag of Starbucks coffee for only $2.50 so I am back to coffee at home.
- An empty bowl that used to have hummus and veggies in it, but I ate it for a midnight snack. The hummus I brought to yesterday’s family picnic turned out to be not very popular which means I have a lot of it to eat this week. Yum!
- A soup bowl of oatmeal- I bought some instant packets, which I have not done in a while, and found them to be just as sickeningly sweet as before. I did my best to bland-it-up with some raisins and walnuts with no luck. Serves me right for straying from my bulk-canister!
- My “book” that I carry with me to hold my cash at work.
- My Ipod that ran along with me for 20 minutes!!! this morning. This is my longest run yet and is a huge accomplishment for me. I have mentioned this in my Thrifty Fitness post.
- My planner where I scheduled my first 5-K for October 10. I had plans to do one on Labor Day but it was for the local running club. I think for my first race I want more of a fun-run environment so I chose a charity run that one of the sororities puts on.
- Coasters, vase with change, pens, pencils, a notebook, a magazine, etc
Not technically on my desk, but draped across my chair is a new knitting project. I am using unravelled sweaters to knit a log-cabin style baby blanket. My hope is more mod-Baby Gap and less hippie handicraft and I am pleased with it so far. It got good reviews at the picnic yesterday which makes me feel better. You are getting the raggedy ends view today. I will show a better view when I am further along.
What is your desk saying about you?