Pressure Cooker 365 Day 2: Tomato Mac and Cheese
On November 17, 2012 I married the love of my life and met a new love: My pressure cooker!
To spread the love I’m using my pressure cooker every day and sharing the recipes on my blog.
Day 2 of pressure cooker love: Tomato Mac and Cheese.
Tomato Mac and Cheese
Adapted from IMUSA
- 3 C dry macaroni
- 2 C water
- 1 C milk
- 2 soup cubes
- 1- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 t dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 t each salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place all ingredients but cheese in pressure cooker. Mix.
- Close cooker and bring to full pressure. Cook for 6 minutes. Cool cooker and release pressure immediately.
- Mix in cheese.
- Dee. Lish. Us.
- Homemade Mac-and-Cheese as convenient as boxed? You better believe it!
- I used milk instead of cream and cut back on cheese from the original recipe. We both still loved it, but you could use the original ingredients if you want more indulgence.
- My generic cheese did not melt very well. It became stretchy instead of creamy. If you are okay with Velveeta, this would be an appropriate recipe to use it for.
- My “Mac” was actually a cupboard-cleansing macaroni, bow tie, and penne hodge-podge. You can substitute whatever pasta you have available, but I think long pasta would stick together.