Kayla K’s Weekly Register
Where I keep a running list of things that have intrigued me this week… thrifty, fun, both, or otherwise.
- I told Spencer I wasn’t making anything too special for dinner. I baked some potatoes in the microwave, cut them up, covered them with salsa and cheese, and microwaved them until the cheese was melted. His response was, “I thought you weren’t making anything special? This is great!” He is so easy to please it is annoying.
- A super-sharp eyebrow tweezers is not only a great investment for your brows, but is also effective at removing ticks from your Labrador retriever.
- This site makes me giggle. A LOT!
- If this Iowa humidity has your bottom all hot and bothered, remember that cornstarch is an effective, and thrifty, substitute for baby powder. In fact, baby powder is cornstarch.
- I’m a little addicted to quilting with vintage sheets. This new-to-me blog, Red Pepper Quilts, is a great inspiration for modern quilts made from bright fabrics.
- Speaking of vintage sheets… my mom blogged about our mini-adventure in quilting my quilt on her blog. I have enjoyed spending extra time with her on my summer vacation.
What is your thrifty tip of the week?