Happy Birthday, Joel! | Shelf Stable Chocolate Crazy Cake Recipe
This chocolate crazy cake recipe is the go-to recipe in the Kramer home. This cake was the first baked good prepared by five children, and served to those children for several years of birthdays. It is easy to make up quickly, as it uses only shelf-stable ingredients.
I have also used this recipe to review proper measurement techniques. I demonstrate incorrect measuring for one cake (scooping and shaking flour, measuring over the bowl, not leveling the cups, etc) and have a student demonstrate the proper measure. Both cakes are baked in the same oven for the same amount of time so students can view the importance of proper measurement. They enjoy sampling the good cake !
Crazy Kramer Cake
- 3 C flour
- 2 C sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 T vinegar
- 2/3 C oil
- 2 C water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Make three holes in dry mixture.
- Pour vanilla, vinegar, and oil into each hole.
- Pour water over mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Bake in greased 9 x 13 cake pan for 35-40 minutes
- Bake in a greased and floured bundt cake pan for 55 minutes
- Divide between 24 muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes