Great Deals from the Dented Can Store
When visiting the local Amish community I always make a stop at the Dented Can store.
The shop owners purchase damaged or nearly out-of-date food. It is always hit or miss.
My last visit was a definite hit!
My favorite finds include:
- Spencer’s favorite granola bars at $.10 each. The box had broken so the bars were sold individually.
- Same for Luna bars- only $.10 each! I like to keep non-perishables in my car to curb convenience store splurges. Luna bars are my favorite, but usually cost $1 each
- At $5 per bag, Terra root vegetable chips were my favorite splurge from the food coop when I was living in Ames. I bought them at the dented can store for only $.50!
- Coconut milk for $.35
- Gluten-free breakfast bars
- And miscellaneous others like gelatin, juice, gum, etc.
I am no longer a meal planner. I prefer to stock up on sale items and cook from my pantry, freezer, and free produce from my parents. I am happy to have a fully stocked pantry. With a $2.10 sale on ground beef and $.59 on chicken this week at Fareway, my freezer is looking good too!