Dear My-Sized Friend in Ames, Iowa,
I don’t know what happened in your life that would make you donate your beautiful mint-condition, name brand wardrobe to your local Goodwill, but please know it is much appreciated.
Did you lose weight? (Or, um… gain?) Do you have a doting mother-in-law that doesn’t quite get your style? Are you moving far far away and just didn’t have room for your:
- Tan Corduroy Jacket
- New-With-Tags Isaac Mizrahi Sweater Dress
- Gap Jean Jacket
- J-Crew Jeans
- Gap Crew Cabled Sweater
- American Eagle Polo
- Hurley Houndstooth T-Shirt
- Eddie Bauer Sweater with really cute wood buttons?
Don’t think I’m too forward here, but I love you. Thank you, thank you.
Although next time you feel like getting rid of perfectly wonderful clothing, how about contacting me directly? I’d be happy to take it off your hands, as it would save me the $35 (gasp!) I spent at Goodwill today. Although that’s not so bad considering with $35 I could have bought new:
- one Tan Corduroy Jacket or
- one New-With-Tags Isaac Mizrahi Sweater Dress or
- one Gap Jean Jacket or
- one J-Crew Jeans or
- one Gap Crew Cabled Sweater or
- one American Eagle Polo or
- one Hurley Houndstooth T-Shirt or
- one Eddie Bauer Sweater with really cute wood buttons? or
Instead I get all of the above! Please know that I will love and care for all of these items. As evidence, please visit my blog for Thrifty Threads posts. I should have enough material for at least a month. Or more.
Kayla K @Kayla K’s Thrifty Ways.