Best Sources for Free Online Videos
In yesterday’s post I mentioned that I like to watch videos and movies while I stitch. Spencer and I pay for Netflix’ Instant Streaming membership. Other than that, many videos are free online.
My favorites include:
- Netflix: Netflix is my favorite source for TV shows. My favorites are Law and Order: SVU, Madmen, Hoarders, and Obsessed. Recent movie favorites include Tangled (which inspired my new haircut) and Up.
- HGTV: It is hard to watch full seasons, but there are sample episodes of nearly every show
- Food Network: Again, hard to watch full seasons but the sample episodes are great. My students are learning cooking methods this week so Unwrapped: Thanksgiving is great for them.
- NBC: This is where I stay up-to-date on recent episodes of Law and Order: SVU. (I am a little obsessed.) Mom likes to watch Biggest Loser and Celebrity Apprentice on this site.
- ABC: I have fallen off the Grey’s Anatomy wagon in the past season, but this is where I used to tune in every week.
- Hulu: Probably the most obvious source of free video. This site is not my favorite but I have tuned in for yoga and fitness videos on occasion.
- Top Documentary Films: My favorite source for free documentaries. The formatting is not awesome and you have to refresh about every 10 minutes, but I have enjoyed several documentaries here such as Why Are Thin People Not Fat? and Charged.
- Learn360: My school subscribes to this service and it is worth checking out with your students. I find educational videos for my students here but also enjoy Modern Marvels, Almanac, and Biography.
That is my list! What sources do you have to add?