A Beautiful Morning…
Just last night I was reading Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace. One of his lines (other than beans and rice) is that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. He said this in relation to the importance of monthly budgeting.
I have gotten in the bad habit of grabbing a donut and coffee on my way to work – more than once each week. I have also purchased school lunch on more than one occasion. Not only is this crappy for my budget, but my tummy has been hating me.
I applied the “plan to fail” notion to my morning routine. Last night I:
- Set out my clothes
- Measured oatmeal, butter, and jam into a small thermos
- Set my automatic coffee machine (obvious, but the first time I’ve used the timer)
- Packed dinner leftovers into lunches for the next three days
- Told Spencer he was NOT allowed to leave until I was awake and OUT of bed
This morning I:
- Added boiling water to my oatmeal (my the time I got to work it would be cooked)
- Poured my coffee into a traveling mug
I was so far ahead that I had extra time. I decided to enjoy some of my coffee and catch the morning news.
SURPRISE! Two hour delay because of icy roads! Now, not only do I get to enjoy a two-hour delay, but I already have a great start to my day. I feel awesome and have no plans to go back to bed.
What tricks and tips do you have to a smooth start to your day?
P.S… I installed a new spam filter but I have a sneaky suspicion that it is deleting comments from humans! Please try to leave a comment so I can troubleshoot.